Races, a lot of races in the next 14 days
The last few days have been kickboxing classes with a large amount of various extras at either the half way point or near the end of the session.
My legs were a bit sore from the 4 miles I ran/jogged on Wednesday but my feet have been feeling so much better in these new Brooks I picked up last weekend. What a difference they seem to be making - which is great.
Really looking forward to the Beach Dash tomorrow over at Montrose Harbor there are about 15-20 of us going, so it will be a fun afternoon.
Then on Thursday July 19th I have a 5k that is the second race of the local park district series here in Joliet.
I am considering signing up for the Rock and Roll Mini Marathon on Sunday July 22nd but not sure yet, as I then have the Hero Rush event on the 28th. That would be four races in 14 days! So may or may not happen.
Some (including me) my think that is a bit overboard, but at least my weekends are filled up with active events and races this summer - unlike any other summer of my life before this! And I am loving every minute of it - even the tough, hot, painful ones :) Plus a well adorned medal hanger isn’t such a bad thing either!
6 Notes/ Hide
- lindsaydoeslife likes this
- tallmormon likes this
- snapthistiger likes this
- knitruneatrepeat likes this
- knitruneatrepeat said:If you make sure you’re taking enough rest days, fueling properly, hydrating properly, and stretching well, then I think filling your weekends with races and events is a perfect way to spend the summer!
- liveasbravemen likes this
- keepgoinggreen posted this