Chicago Perfect 10 Mile
Ran the Chicago Perfect 10 Mile race today. I really enjoyed that it started/finished on Navy Pier. Great medal - love how the zero has the Ferris wheel in it and spins!
The goal for this race was to run faster than we have been training but to keep ourselves paced so that we did not overdue it at the start.
All in all I am very pleased with these results and having an avg moving pace down to 13:31. Note I am not paying as close attention to the avg pace as we were stopped shortly into mile 9 on a bridge that was being raised to allow tall sail boats and other ships to pass under it.
(This was the final boat going thru, and that is Navy Pier off in the distance)
(That is the bridge raised and some of the many folks who ended up being gathered here waiting for it to lower so we could finish the race).
It was so hard to have to stop that close to the end (you can feel muscles tighten up) but then after the bridge came back down we pushed and tried to make up for some of the lost time as we knew we didn’t have too much further to go.
Also they bill this as a 10 mile race but I started and stopped the Garmin dead on today and it was clearly a bit longer than 10 miles almost 10 and a quarter really.
Now its time to give the legs some rest in preparation for race number two tomorrow. The Red Eye run here in Joliet - which is an 8k.
25 Notes/ Hide
- becomingkal likes this
- shrinkingmomma likes this
- knitruneatrepeat likes this
- carolynruns likes this
- bostonmarathon2012 likes this
- bostonmarathon2012 said: fantastic!
- tashuadaybyday likes this
- ashamedtosay likes this
- becky-balances likes this
- thisfearlesslife likes this
- snapthistiger likes this
- iwillrunforfood likes this
- katiegirlchasesinfinity said: congrats! you are a running machine :)
- katiegirlchasesinfinity likes this
- uhoh-janellio likes this
- joshbuildshealth said: Awesome job!!
- joshbuildshealth likes this
- marathonmelissa likes this
- victoriafindslife likes this
- chrisbiketri likes this
- westcoastrunner likes this
- keepgoinggreen posted this