I have lived in my house for almost 7 years now and I have only really talked to my next door neighbor maybe twice. And the rest of the time its a friendly wave in passing here and there.
Well on Saturday before the wedding I was getting my mail and he was as well and we got to talking about this row of arborvitae that line the space between our two driveways. The top photo is 7 years old so you can imagine that had grown much taller since this was taken and it made backing down my driveway a challenge as you could not see if anyone was walking/riding bikes etc and you were about to back into them.
So one of the shrubs had died over the winter and I told him I have not cut it down/out yet as I wasnt sure the best way to remove it or what to do with the gap it would cause. I then mentioned I have no idea if those are his/mine/ours?
He said he did not know either but would love to just get rid of them. And I jumped on that chance and said I would too! I told him I had the wedding to head off to that afternoon but would be out there on Sunday. Not 30 mins later he and his son started the process and got about 4 of them down.
So yesterday I went and made purchase I have wanted to make for a while (chainsaw) and got out there and he came right out and we each had our role and we knocked out all of them with such teamwork. Getting a chance to talk more and get to know each other after all of these years.
The result leaves it wide open, makes me feel like I am part of the neighborhood brightens everything up and I could not be more pleased that a trip to the mail box would end up with such a highly productive day.
This morning when my alarm went off to hit up kickboxing, I felt like I had been hit by a Mack truck as we were out there for 5 hours non-stop yesterday and everything is sore from holding yourself in odd angles cutting out stumps etc. So I reset my alarm and went back to sleep making today the REST day I did not get yesterday. Best.Decision.Ever!
29 Notes/ Hide
- tashuadaybyday likes this
- racingtheghosts likes this
- victoriafindslife likes this
- breathelively likes this
- gettingtounaddicted likes this
- nowforthefunpart likes this
- marathonmelissa likes this
- lojogetsfaster likes this
- fromlazytolively likes this
- buildingthepath likes this
- fat2fitdad likes this
- eatclean-livefit likes this
- joshbuildshealth likes this
- melanietris likes this
- chrisbiketri likes this
- runningwithpump likes this
- runningthankful said: What a great story! It looks really nice.
- runningthankful likes this
- turtleseyeview said: great stuff!
- turtleseyeview likes this
- dadlifeupgraded likes this
- karikeepsrunning likes this
- ashamedtosay likes this
- crystalfindsherstrength likes this
- runningwithaltitude said: It never ceases to amaze me how we get so ‘run|swim|bike|boxing|aerobics’ fit and then do something we think is relatively mundane and we die the next day :0)
- thisfearlesslife likes this
- runningwithaltitude likes this
- keepgoinggreen posted this