Indy Mini Recap
It was a race I had said for weeks I was going to just cheer on and not run, simply because I had not been running much since the Marathon.
It was a race that comes a weekend before the official end to DietBet challenge. And being away from home would mean eating out all the time.
It was a race that I was going to alone for the first time (as I have always raced with my group of local running friends) and specifically with my runner partner Jen.
It turned out to be a race that I felt full of life and energy the entire time! It was probably my best run ever in terms of my body/mind both feeling good.
I think between only drinking water for almost 2 months now I am hydrated. I think that by eating mindfully I am fueling myself more proper than ever before and that made a huge difference.
I think that having Nava there to run with me was also great. I am so used to running with a partner that I feel very comfortable racing along side someone else. And Nava was a good sport as I joked around (sometimes at her expense) and kept us both moving.
I proved to myself that I could maintain healthy eating while away. Which in the past would have been harder for me than the 13.1 miles.
I got to add a super cool checkered ribbon medal to the Wall of Awesome and it stands out quite nicely!
But most of all there is a group of people “the internet” who are just as friendly, warm, inviting, funny, crazy and awkward as you might expect them all to be. Its hard to explain how you can meet them for the first time but because you have been following along in glimpses of their lives on here you feel like you have always known each other. Sure some are shorter than you may have imagined but then some are much taller (Shortmom). About the only thing your not sure of is what their voices might sound like - kind of the opposite of listening to your favorite DJ on the radio and wondering what they might look like.
In any case, if you are ever able to meet up with one/some of them at an event or race or meetup - please do. You will be so glad you did, I know I am :)
This was a great race and a great weekend.
P.S. A very special thank you to jBizz and her family for being such nice hosts and opening up their home to everyone!
Until next time….
56 Notes/ Hide
- pntaylor likes this
- shrinkingmomma likes this
- runsforredvelvet likes this
- runsforredvelvet said: Really love love love your race medal wall!! :) I’ve been dying to put a quote on mine, but can never think of a good one! :)
- runningthankful said: I love the wall of AWESOME and I could have totally used you running next to me in miles 10 - 13 yesterday! You would have been a welcome distraction to the crazy thoughts running through my head at that point!
- runningthankful likes this
- yogawarriornyc likes this
- engineering-fitness likes this
- jbizzle329 likes this
- rasmtazberry24 likes this
- katiegirlchasesinfinity likes this
- run-doozer-run said: Your wall of awesome is impressive, sir! Where did you find that medal display?
- run-doozer-run likes this
- obsoletemodel likes this
- jrfred said: It was so great to finally meet you Rich!
- jrfred likes this
- therekaregoes likes this
- thisfearlesslife said: So great to meet you! Can’t wait for the next one!
- becky-balances likes this
- turtleseyeview likes this
- pharmkitten likes this
- carolynruns likes this
- chrisbiketri likes this
- eatclean-livefit likes this
- runningfortheriesling said: So cool! Way to go on your great race!
- runningfortheriesling likes this
- fromlazytolively said: This was so great! Happy to hear how well it went!! Just shows how great you’ve been doing and how far you’ve come! And glad you had fun with the Internet :)
- fromlazytolively likes this
- livelaughlovearedhead likes this
- karikeepsrunning likes this
- runningmysassoff likes this
- racingtheghosts likes this
- iwillrunforfood likes this
- marathonmelissa likes this
- snapthistiger likes this
- ashamedtosay likes this
- joshbuildshealth said: I pretty much love everything about this post. :)
- knitruneatrepeat said: Beautifully put! Also, a few pictures are up and we certainly do photograph well, even after 13.1 miles! Thanks for an awesome race. :)
- joshbuildshealth likes this
- knitruneatrepeat likes this
- seechrisrun said: That wall looks fantastic!
- seechrisrun likes this
- missmarisol likes this
- tinkerbellrun likes this
- desert-child likes this
- runningwithpump likes this
- fromthebackofthepack likes this
- kevsfatfight likes this
- therealdubtastic likes this
- shortmom said: Haha I love the DJ analogy! So true!