I am going to call this post Truthful Day Before Tuesday - as I am not waiting until tomorrow to put this out there. And I am also bucking the systems and doing a Weigh In Monday (not Wednesday)…two strikes in one post. Watch out!
As you all know I have been a bit off track really since coming back from the marathon which was all the way back in January. I never really seemed to get myself back in the routine I had going for 2 years leading up to that point.
Sure I did the first dietbet and was absolutely laser focused for those 4 weeks. And I have also dropped the pop and expanded my fruit horizons. But when it comes to working out and really paying attention to my eating I have only do so-so. The proof is displayed on the scale this morning.
When I began all of this in April 2011 I weighed in at 369.8 and felt it. What is odd is that even with my weight coming back up towards that number recently - I dont feel like the same out of shape guy as I did back then so it has been really deceiving. My clothes I have been wearing are still fitting and I only really feel the different in my face/neck although I know its got to be impacting my gut as well. But that makes it a slippery slope because the reminders I am going in the wrong direction again are so subtle.
It has been well documented here that there is so much more going on outside of working out now a days - and that stresses me, consumes me etc. But I can not keep letting it get the best of me mentally or physically. I need to keep myself on the right track which will benefit all aspects of my life not just the scale.
Tomorrow I have my yearly checkup with my doctor - so outside of my weight we will see how my blood test levels are doing and see how my true health results come in.
But aside from all of that I did not wait for today to restart. I spent time this weekend getting all of the proper foods, prepped them and set myself up for a good week on the food front. And because the foot is still not playing very nice I opted not to go shoeless on the martial arts mat for Cage class today and instead headed over to the gym to crank out some time on the elliptical - for non-impact). I also like that while on an elliptical I can get lost in some music - pace myself to the fast beats and push myself instead of having to have someone else (like a trainer) pushing me.
So instead of beating myself up for the slide back - I am just focusing on the fact that I now know where I am at again. I know what needs to be done and there will be no more “skipping” of workouts because my body takes far to much advantage of such breaks.
50 Notes/ Hide
- missmarisol likes this
- obsoletemodel likes this
- weightandwit likes this
- sarahsrunningbucketlist likes this
- iwillrunforfood likes this
- marathonmelissa likes this
- angeldrinkstea said: Good for you! You’ve got this :)
- sarahspeaksnow likes this
- turtleseyeview likes this
- seeamandarun likes this
- pascal73 likes this
- trainingbarefoot likes this
- davidsgoals likes this
- fivefootsomethingrunning likes this
- runningfortheriesling likes this
- wineand90 likes this
- becomingme253 likes this
- becky-balances likes this
- shortmom likes this
- two-o-nine likes this
- ihopeyoulikeblackberries likes this
- victoriafindslife likes this
- orange-active-science likes this
- racingtheghosts said: Always rooting for ya brah
- racingtheghosts likes this
- shrinkingmomma likes this
- auspiciouspatti likes this
- rasmtazberry24 likes this
- 3quartersalice likes this
- tashuadaybyday likes this
- runningforbiscuits likes this
- tri-me likes this
- fromthebackofthepack likes this
- rookcanrun likes this
- thereluctantrunner likes this
- westcoastrunner said: Cheering you on Rich!! Life is a marathon and sometimes we walk — you have been walking for a bit and that’s ok — now its time to start running again — YOU GOT THIS!
- westcoastrunner likes this
- tallmormon said: I hate that feeling, so proud you are willing to be so positive and proactive
- tallmormon likes this
- thisfearlesslife said: You’ve got this Rich! We are behind you 100%!
- thisfearlesslife likes this
- snapthistiger likes this
- fromlazytolively likes this
- joshbuildshealth likes this
- funhappylife2 likes this
- intuitivelyshay said: Great attitude! You are awesome!
- cheetah91 likes this
- intuitivelyshay likes this
- hooppixie likes this
- hopetherunner likes this